Showing Stocking Tops Forum Index Showing Stocking Tops
The official reincarnation of stockings.proboards84.com

Profile  Search  Memberlist  FAQ  Usergroups
Clarification on the rules

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Showing Stocking Tops Forum Index -> Questions for the moderators and admins
View previous topic :: View next topic  
argxf06
Downgraded due to low activity

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2007 8:42 am    Post subject: Clarification on the rules Reply with quote

Can you check my posts and ensure they are within the rules please ?
I have a large amount to post of a similar nature gathered from all over the web if they are ok ?
If not i'll not post
iggygor

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2007 6:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just checked all of them. All are within the rules as far as content goes--that is, you've been careful not to post X-rated crotch shots, for example.

However, a few of your posts contained a large number of copyrighted web professional shots...and in one case, SimonP deleted the lot of them for this reason. As he said, if we get the odd pro shot slipping through, that's one thing. But we just can't have bulk posts of the pros.

The stated interest of this board is amateur pictures. Please strive for those.

Thanks for your interest, for checking on legality, and for your many picture posts in your first few days here. Much appreciated!
robertlamm

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2007 1:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

iggygor wrote:
However, a few of your posts contained a large number of copyrighted web professional shots...and in one case, SimonP deleted the lot of them for this reason. As he said, if we get the odd pro shot slipping through, that's one thing. But we just can't have bulk posts of the pros.

Unless it is the webladies themselves who are doing the posting, in which case it seems to be regarded as OK and actually encouraged! Am I the only one who finds that contradictory, given that the stated aim of the board is amateur pictures?
SimonP
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2008 12:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Interesting point. When we said that we didn't want "Professional" pictures, we were really referring to sites like OnlyTease for example, which clearly use professional models and photographers. There's a definite "look" to professional pics and there is little doubt that, much as I like their pics, they are only there for the money.

I assume you are referring to Nikki's pics, in which case, although she does run a "pay" site, I wouldn't class her as "professional" in the same context as her pictures are more in the nature of an amateur woman posing rather than a fully set up photoshoot. Also she is very generous in the amount of pictures that she gives out freely, IMHO she more than "pays" for the advertising for her site and I don't begrudge her that.

You're right, it is a grey area and I wasn't sure about it but a) she does post some great pictures, b) it's great to have someone like Nikki here as I think she lends some credibility to the board, and c) when we say "professional" we also mean pictures with a copyright notice from someone who might sue us for using their pictures without permission.

The copyright issue is weighing on my mind as we already have lots of pics with copyright notices on them. I defend that by saying that we are just collectors exchanging our favourite pictures and it's a compliment and an advertisement to have their pictures here. I have no time for people making money out of others' work and we're not doing that. It doesn't cost me much to run this board but it's definitely never going to make a profit, and I wouldn't want it to.

I don't feel as if I've explained myself very well as I'm not very clear about it myself, but I hope it makes some sense to you? To put it in a nut-shell, we don't want perfectly lit and airbrushed pictures here (shudder), we want to see "real" girls wearing stockings naturally and I know for a fact that Nikki is exactly that.

(Nikki, I hope you understand that I am not casting aspersions on your modelling or web site here, just trying to define the difference between pro and am and you sit somewhere in between.)
robertlamm

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2008 4:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, that makes sense insofar as picture style is concerned, and also the copyright considerations. I’m not sure that it’s possible to make a finite distinction between pro and semi-pro pics. I would agree that some weblady stuff (such as Nikki’s) is definitely in the semi-pro camp in terms of style, but I can think of others who are stylistically in the pro camp, and, if not self-posted, where there could be copyright issues.

I like a lot of weblady pics (and also some of the perfectly-lit pro stuff) as much as the amateur stuff so it’s not a question of personal taste, rather a feeling that the boundary has been blurred and that this may cause confusion and, potentially, problems further down the line.
SimonP
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2008 1:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's a problem, there's no question about that.

Strictly speaking we should only allow pictures that the poster owns the copyright to but obviously we wouldn't have much of a board if we limited it to that so we're sitting in a grey area where we are vulnerable to complaints about copyright violation but at the same time we're not actually hurting the copyright owner so I don't think we'll get into too much trouble over it. As you know, I respond to requests to take down pictures as quickly as possible and that seems to be the best compromise as there is no way that the mods and admins can know who actually owns it unless it it marked.

As far as the pro/semi-pro/amateur discussion is concerned, we are definitely aiming at amateur pictures, be they posed or candid, but there are a few pictures that don't quite fit that but are not professional either so I guess it's a matter of judging each picture by its merit and allowing semi-pro pics if they look as if they are real stocking wearers, not just models posing in them for money. I think that's the best place to draw the line? The trouble is that it's too hard to explain yet keep the rules simple so we just said "No pro pics" and hope that people get the idea.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Showing Stocking Tops Forum Index -> Questions for the moderators and admins All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: