Showing Stocking Tops Forum Index Showing Stocking Tops
The official reincarnation of stockings.proboards84.com

Profile  Search  Memberlist  FAQ  Usergroups
Dropped & Reappearing Photos!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Showing Stocking Tops Forum Index -> Questions for the moderators and admins
View previous topic :: View next topic  
philsgh
VIP

PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2009 1:42 pm    Post subject: Dropped & Reappearing Photos! Reply with quote

Gentlemen - I have had photos dropped recently. When requested by other users, I have reposted them - and, marked them as a repost in the title. Subsequently the photos would reappear in the original post. Any suggestions. I apologize for the resulting multiple posts of same photos. Philsgh
lambo
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2009 3:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi philsgh,

No need to appologise.

When you say dropped do you mean they dont appear with imageshack?

Sometimes imagshack plays up and for a time the pics appear as red crosses in a small white square, but they usually come back, its just a thing with imageshack.

Maybe try using imagebam, although like any image host they do all have their down times because of maintainance.
Thoms

PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2009 5:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Might I suggest that you make a special thread of yours? Call it philsgh post or something and put all your pics in the same thread. That way it will be much easier to keep track of what post is new for us that watch ur pics, but also much easier for yourself to controle what pics u have posted and so on.
Just a suggestion:-)
Thanks for your effort on the board. It is appreciated, dont forget that!
stockinglover93

PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2009 6:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not a problem at all. I think you got lucky and most of your pix are getting posted on a server that is giving imageshack issues. My suggestion - instead of posting a new thread with the reposted pix in it, simply repost the pix in the same thread. That way, you don't have two threads with almost the same title. This will also help you keep track of which pix are staying up and such. There are a few cases where the pictures are being deleted by imageshack, so they were either reported, or imageshack has an automated image scanning pulling out pix that MIGHT be objectionable to them.

You might want to try your luck with imagebam and see how you like it. Seems imageshack drops way more of your pix than it should.

PLEASE PLEASE continue posting! AND, how about getting a new digital camera and giving us some recent pix? Very Happy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Showing Stocking Tops Forum Index -> Questions for the moderators and admins All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: