Showing Stocking Tops Forum Index Showing Stocking Tops
The official reincarnation of stockings.proboards84.com

Profile  Search  Memberlist  FAQ  Usergroups
Lack of posting.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Showing Stocking Tops Forum Index -> Questions for the moderators and admins
View previous topic :: View next topic  
stockingman888

PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2010 10:50 am    Post subject: Lack of posting. Reply with quote

Hi guys, I'm probably starting to get on peoples nerves now because I'm keeping on about the subject of members not posting anything.

I've just looked through all the member stats and out of 5710 members there are an astonishing 3918 who have not made one single post.

I've spoken privately to one member that post's lots of pictures of his wife on here and he's told me that he's beginning to think if it's all worthwhile doing it if they are not going to be appreciated.
And I would'nt be suprised if there are a few more thinking along the same lines.
These are the kind of members that make this forum what it is and we can ill afford to lose people like this.

I'm not very computer litterate so I have'nt got a clue how much work is involved in deleting members,I appreciate all the work you guys put into the running of this forum, but could I make a suggestion?

Would it be possble to go through the list of members and delete all those who have been a member for at least one month and have not bothered posting.

As I said I am not computer litterate but I would imagine the more space these people are taking up, the slower the web site would work.

Rant over, if I am getting on your nerves too much then let me know and I will drop my campaign.
bas

PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2010 4:59 pm    Post subject: Re: Lack of posting. Reply with quote

stockingman888 wrote:
Hi guys, I'm probably starting to get on peoples nerves now because I'm keeping on about the subject of members not posting anything.

I've just looked through all the member stats and out of 5710 members there are an astonishing 3918 who have not made one single post.

Correct! Mad

stockingman888 wrote:

I've spoken privately to one member that post's lots of pictures of his wife on here and he's told me that he's beginning to think if it's all worthwhile doing it if they are not going to be appreciated.
And I would'nt be suprised if there are a few more thinking along the same lines.
These are the kind of members that make this forum what it is and we can ill afford to lose people like this.

Correct! Mad

stockingman888 wrote:

I'm not very computer litterate so I have'nt got a clue how much work is involved in deleting members,I appreciate all the work you guys put into the running of this forum, but could I make a suggestion?

Would it be possble to go through the list of members and delete all those who have been a member for at least one month and have not bothered posting.

NO it's to much work for us

stockingman888 wrote:

As I said I am not computer litterate but I would imagine the more space these people are taking up, the slower the web site would work.

NO - you have to keep in mind that only GOLD members (or VIP's) have access to most of the postings. Simple "members" have only access to the same ares as all visitors.

stockingman888 wrote:

Rant over, if I am getting on your nerves too much then let me know and I will drop my campaign.
Mad

We are downgrading quite regularly gold members not contributing Very Happy

So forget about "members" Rolling Eyes
stockinglover93

PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2010 5:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Believe it or not, we actually do that process, although it is a longer time frame. Of those 3918 that haven't posted, you should notice that most of those don't have gold status. Which means they can't get into 99% of the forums on here. I'm short on time or I would go into more detail on the process. Perhaps another mod will do so.
bas

PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2010 5:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

stockinglover93 wrote:
Believe it or not, .... Of those 3918 that haven't posted, you should notice that most of those don't have gold status.

None of them has access to gold!
stockingman888

PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2010 11:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you for your very imformative replies, and please accept my humblest apologies.
legsrus
VIP

PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2010 3:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

At least it shows you care about the site stockingman888.
Boaman

PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2010 4:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

legsrus wrote:
At least it shows you care about the site stockingman888.

I agree - there is no need to apologise for caring about SST - You should be applauded Clap We want more members like you.
borneo
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2010 9:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi stockingman888,
Yes this is an on going pain in the backside for all of us in admin; the fact of the matter is that a good many of our members
choose not to make comments, and unfortunately, this is made to look worse because every time the post is visited it is
classed as a "view". For example, anyone posting & then going back to read comments will be counted as a "view". This is
something we are trying to address when the site is renewed in the not too distant future.
However, please do not be put off by the "view-to-post" ratio take it as a compliment that a good many of our members are at
least viewing. (& do not forget that as we are an international forum there are also language issues to be considered.) As Admins
& Moderators, this is something that constantly upsets us & our only advice is to put your energy into posting & carry on the
good work you do yourself.
Thanx
bas

PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2010 10:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And please be aware that we are downgrading gold members which are not contributing regularly.

Actually we have some 500 gold members.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Showing Stocking Tops Forum Index -> Questions for the moderators and admins All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: