Showing Stocking Tops Forum Index Showing Stocking Tops
The official reincarnation of stockings.proboards84.com

Profile  Search  Memberlist  FAQ  Usergroups
Problem with email hacked

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Showing Stocking Tops Forum Index -> Questions for the moderators and admins
View previous topic :: View next topic  
xonomes2
Regular user

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2011 8:45 pm    Post subject: Problem with email hacked Reply with quote

Hello admin team,

I just created this account to ask for help. Two things happened that made me unable to access to this great website, and I am begging for help!!!

First: I have no idea what is my password of my account (username xonomes). I take part in too many websites (which means, too many passwords), so I use to forgot or lose passwords sometimes (I rather losing one password than risking someone steals access to all sites if I just use one common password for all of them). In this website, when I had a problem, I was successfully recovering the password in my email with the automatic recovery system. As far as I remember, I didnt change it in a while as I had it saved on "automatically log me in" in my settings. So, now... I cleant cache, history and so on from my browser and lost that password (which means access to the forum).

Second: seems that my email account was hacked recently by someone (I think I had too simple and easy password... my fault). Whoever stole it, used my email to send SPAM or something worse (I hope it didnt give any problem around here). After detecting the abuse, hotmail has blocked it (which seems logical).

So... here I am. With no password to enter the forum (and then be able to change my email in the settings), and no access to the original email to retrieve my password!! Locked out... Sad I know I could just open a new account (this one, as an example), but I really really really want to keep the old one!! Please!! I had my messages, my posts, my threads... little things, but precious after all. I am not the best poster, but I post sometimes, and I need to feel that "continuity" feeling when participating in the forum. Razz. Could you please help me? Maybe you can change my old email to the new one (the one I have in this account, not saying it publicly )? Maybe you can put the password from this account into the old oen (so I know what password I have to use)? Maybe we can speak about this in private?

In case any doubt exists about if I am the real Xonomes I can give you details about my biiiiiiiig inbox and private messages I sent in this time (which only someone who had access to the account can know).

Please, help!

Thank you very much in advance, and please contact me for any detail you want to discuss!

Xonomes (2) Razz
xonomes2
Regular user

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2011 9:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you very much for the access (that was fast)... and I apologize for insisting (I dont want to be annoying, sorry), but... please!! Could I have a new password from my old account? Is there any way you can help me to retrieve it??

Please!!!

Wink
xonomes2
Regular user

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2011 9:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

(ops, ignore last message.. though I had gold access, haha... stupid old man I am Razz)
bas

PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2011 7:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is your problem solved - or not?
xonomes2
Regular user

PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2011 9:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello bas,

Well... as far as I know, everything is the same. I still have no access to my account, so if you can help in any way, I would be really thankful.

Just send me a private message with instructions (or I'll send you one).

Thank you very much in advance for your time!
bas

PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2011 3:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Please try it with your new mail-account...
xonomes
Gold Member

PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2011 8:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you very much Bas!!!

You can delete this thread if you want! Smile Smile

Wife is coming back home today (she was out for a couple of weeks, is when I visit this forum hehe), so not sure when I'll have time to come again, but be sure I'll keep participating! Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Showing Stocking Tops Forum Index -> Questions for the moderators and admins All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: